Marble Furniture London
Marble is no doubt one of the most beautiful rocks on Earth. It’s durability sets it apart from other materials such as wood or timber. Marble typically used in construction, joinery and in workshops is composed of calcite, dolomite or serpentine and the natural texture and veins can be appreciated with polish.
Working with marble is a speciality for us. Understanding that it is heat resistant and impervious allows us to install it with no worries about long term use in areas that are continuously lived-in. If maintained, marble can withstand heavy contact after years of use. When polished, the marble will appear as if it had only recently been installed.
Why Marble is Great for Most Spaces:
- Elegance – Renown as an artistry material, marble has been used as a medium for artists through centuries. Installing it through any space creates a timeless elegance.
- Range – As marble is a natural rock, no quarried marble is the same as another. Installations are entirely unique, the strength, boldness and colours of marble are essentially endless.
- Versatility – Main room elements such as floors and walls are fitting for marble. However, marble can be shaped for smaller surfaces such as in bath or kitchen surrounds.
- Light – Marble both reflects and is translucent. By reflecting light, marble can open spaces. The translucent characteristics allows light to seep through, creating a glow.
- Heat – As a flooring material, marble is ideal as it is an exceptional conductor of heat. As a result, heating systems are often installed below tiles, which will emit heat, taking the chill off tiles that would otherwise be cold.
For over 15 years, we have refined our process of installing marble, measuring, planning and optimising it in a variety of spaces.